Listed below are volumes of inexpensive date ideas.
Seasonal Ideas Winter Ideas Spring Ideas
- Go to the top of a very tall building to watch the sun go down.
- Jump through sprinklers together.
- Go star gazing. Name a star for your date.
- Lay on the grass and watch clouds. Use your imagination and talk about what you see in the clouds.
- Make giant bubbles.
- Wash a parent’s car together. Have fun spraying each other with the hose.
- Go to an amusement park, go on scary rides and eat cotton candy.
- Go rafting or canoeing or tubing (using a truck inner tube).
- Clean out an elderly person’s attic or garage together.
- Walk on the beach. Bury each other in the sand.
- Visit a boardwalk or carnival and play games.
- Get up really early and meet to watch the sun rise — then go for breakfast at a diner.
- Run in a 5 K race together.
- Do a walk-a-thon (for some cause you care about) together.
- Make sand castles. Use a sandbox if there’s no beach nearby (use a bucket of water to make the sand beach-quality).
- Go fishing — throw the fish back, if you catch any.
- Write a message and tie it to a balloon (or send it off in a bottle). Ask whoever finds it to mail you the message and tell you where they found it.
- Get a group together and go camping.
- Get a group together, go to a park or camp and have a cook-out.
- Make home made ice-cream!
- Have a picnic then watch fireworks.
- Watch a Little League game and cheer like you’re watching the pros.
- Decorate the house for Hallowe’en or Thanksgiving.
- Carve pumpkins.
- Make a two-person costume and go trick-or-treating together.
- Go on a hay ride (or a haunted hay ride).
- Go pumpkin picking.
- Go apple picking and make an apple pie with the apples.
- Do homework together. Really.
- Go to a school sports event together.
- Join a school club together.
- Go in-line skating.
- Make a scarecrow together.
- Go bike riding.
- Get a big old barrel, water, and apples and invite a group of friends to dunk for apples. Have a camera available. There will be great shots!
- Go to a flea market. Find the silliest thing for sale.
- Go to a historic site. Try to talk like people from that period of time.
- Take an American Sign Language Course together. This way you can talk to one another in class and not make any noise and not have anyone else understand what you’re saying!.
- Go to a football game and cheer for the underdog or for your home team.
- Bring HIM a single rose.
- Bring her flowers and bring one for her mom.
- Look in your local paper on Friday. They usually list lots of free concerts, fairs, and events nearby.
- Go to the mall. Pretend to have a million dollars and spend it ALL on your date. (bring a calculator!)
- Listen to CDs.
- Go to a concert.
- Bake cookies together.
- Go to a lecture at a local college or university.
- Go dancing. Any and all kinds: square dancing, clubs, country, ballroom — whatever!
- Go for a ride in a hansome cab (horse and carriage ride).
- Dress up for a formal date…but go out for fast food instead. Don’t forget the corsage!
- Watch TV together.
- Watch videos together.
- Make up a poem or song for your special someone and read or sing it to them.
- Go to a museum or art gallery.
- Do community service together by working at a soup kitchen on a Saturday or Sunday. It will make you feel really good and really grateful for the things you both have.
- Make a pizza together — any kind.
- Go to McDonald’s for french fries and a shake (appetizer), Burger King for a hamburger (main entree) and end with Dairy Queen, Friendly’s or TCBY (for dessert)!
- Make paper mache masks of each other’s faces. Paint them and give them to each other.