0 from 0 votes
An easy romantic dinner at home with Spaghetti Carbonara For Two with bacon and cheese! Serve it with white wine and dessert for a stay-in date night.
Course: Main Course
Servings: 2 people
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 slices uncooked bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese grated
- Ground black pepper for serving
- fresh chopped parsley for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add a big pinch of salt then add spaghetti. Cook as directed on the package until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain into colander.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet. Once hot, add the bacon and onion. Cook the bacon until crispy and onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and add the hot, cooked spaghetti. Stir until the noodles are coated.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and cheese. Make a well in the middle of the spaghetti and add the egg mixture, mixing quickly until the egg is cooked. Keep stirring to avoid scrambling the egg. Serve with black pepper and parsley on top.
Tags : recipe